Dominick Fernow Reveals New Vatican Shadow Album, ‘Persian Pillars Of The Gasoline Era’
'Persian Pillars Of The Gasoline Era' LP is out on September 18.
Persian Pillars Of The Gasoline Era is Fernow’s first album on the Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based metal and noise imprint 20 Buck Spin. Thematically, it connects the dots of America’s overthrow in Iran to the bedrock of violence that would later erupt and suffocate the world economy in 2001.
Across six tracks, we’re told that Vatican Shadow’s “deconstruction continues,” with layers of collaged synth stabs, low end pulsing dread, and ominous sand-swept melodies.
To intensify the album, Fernow brought aboard Justin Broadrick, known as Godflesh, Jesu, JK Flesh, etc., for the mastering process, “adding the mysterious vibrance of cold morning mountain light that presages a conspiracy about to unfold,” the label explains.
01. Predawn Coup D’etat (Schwarzkopf Duffle Bags Of Rials)
02. Rehearsing For The Attack
03. Uncontrollable Oasis (Real Life Spy Mystery Ends With Scientist Hanged In Iran)
04. Taxi Journey Through The Teeming Slums Of T ehran
05. Moving Secret Money
06. Ayatollah Ferocity (The Refinery At Abadan)
Persian Pillars Of The Gasoline Era LP is out on September 18. Meanwhile, you can stream the title track below and pre-order here.