Legowelt Revives Smackos Alias
'A Vampire Goes West' is scheduled for January 24 release.
After a seven-year hiatus, Danny Wolfers’ (a.k.a. Legowelt) cult ambient alias Smackos will return with a new album, called A Vampire Goes West.
Released on Wolfers’ own Nightwind Records label, A Vampire Goes West is described by the imprint as an “amateur space jazz meets professional ambient” experience that clocks in at almost 80 minutes.
The LP was recorded in “complete seclusion” over the course of last Christmas and through the early days of the new year in his home studio on the Netherlands’ North Sea coast.
01. Ik heb Geen Zin Om Braaf Te Leren
02. One Day We Will Trip Out From Star To Star
03. Slow Tape Life
04. A Singing Giraffe On A Drizzly Town Square
05. The Fire That Will Always Burn In You
06. Vaporos Complex
07. Naar Buiten Voor Een VlaFlip
08. Iwo Jima Drug Muppet
09. Irv Treibel A Possible Fellow Vampire
10. Picnic in A Multiverse Cassette
11. Air Koryo Burger
12. 1-1-17 Light In A Room
13. Dutch Castles M1 Splendour
14. Sunday Afternoon Synthesis Hobbyist
A Vampire Goes West will be released on January 24 on digital format through Bandcamp, as well as handmade cassette and CDR through the Clone record store.
Listen to clips from A Vampire Goes West via the infomercial below.