Pauline Oliveros’ ‘Reverberations’ Set for Vinyl Release
'Reverberations 1' lands on January 25.
Important Records will release Pauline Oliveros’ Reverberations box set on vinyl for the first time.
Released in 2012, Reverberations: Tape & Electronic Music 1961-1970 presented a comprehensive overview of lots of Oliveros’ early and previously unreleased works in a 12-CD box set. The release serves as a document to the late experimental composer’s earliest music and functions as an early history of electronic music itself.
These works will now see vinyl release for the first time as part of Reverberations.
Reverberations 1 is the first in this new series, scheduled to release on January 25. It comprises Oliveros’ first piece made for tape in 1961, “Time Perspectives,” and recordings captured at the San Francisco Music Tape Center between 1964-66. In partnership with the Pauline Oliveros Trust, Important Records will also release other essential titles from Oliveros’ catalog, including Tara’s Room and Sounding/Way (with Guy Klucevsek).
01. Time Perspectives (19:38) (Pauline Oliveros Home Electronic Music Studio 1961)
02. Mnemonics I (15:09) (San Francisco Tape Music Center 1964-1966)
03. Mnemonics II (9:55) (San Francisco Tape Music Center 1964-1966)
04. Mnemonics III (17:34) (San Francisco Tape Music Center 1964-1966)
05. Mnemonics IV (18:46) (San Francisco Tape Music Center 1964-1966)