Ralph Lawson Does Fabric
Consider Ralph Lawson‘s latest project, Fabric 33, to be just another success on his ever-growing […]
Consider Ralph Lawson‘s latest project, Fabric 33, to be just another success on his ever-growing resume.
Ambitious from the start, he inaugurated the decks at the Leeds institution Back to Basics in 1991. He’s been the weekly resident since, and most are sure he’ll stay there until the end. Along with Carl Finlow, he founded 2020 Vision Recordings for the purpose of experimenting and releasing the work–which includes tracks from Josh Wink and Chez Damier, among others–coming out of their studio. Lawson also collaborated with downtempo imprint Fat City after becoming bored with the politics of dancing. Reinvigorated, he started the successful live electronic act 2020 Soundsystem.
This consistency and drive are what prompted Fabric to enlist him for its renowned mix series. His particular effort is a fair representation of a DJ with the skill of experience and the versatility to stay relevant. It features John Tejada, Joakim, The Emperor Machine, and more.
Fabric 33 is out April 24, 2007 on Fabric.
1. Vernon “Don’t Be Lonely (An2 Remix)”
2. 2020 Soundsystem “High (Llorca Remix)”
3. Julian Sanza “Polyfunny”
4. Dennis Ferrer “Transitions”
5. Badmouth “Anymore (Phonique Remix)”
6. Will Saul “Pause”
7. Marcelli Giordano “Shogun (Serge Santiago Remix)”
8. Drum Cult “Radio (2020 Soundsystem Remix)”
9. Marc Romboy “Jigsaw (John Tejada Remix)”
10. Nick Chacona “The Right Wing”
11. Art of Tones “Praise (Brett Johnson ft. DJ Heather)”
12. Joakim “Drum Trax (Beats)”
13. Greenskeepers “15 Minutes (The Rapture Remix Dub)”
14. Swag “Hot Gloves (Bakazou Mix)”
15. Justus Köhncke “Advance”
16. Random Factor “Digitize (Emperor Machine Remix)”