Soundway Records Releases Colombian Compilation
Colombian music circa 1960-1976 is a fiery mash-up of Afro rhythms, zooming horns, and orchestral […]
Colombian music circa 1960-1976 is a fiery mash-up of Afro rhythms, zooming horns, and orchestral technicality. More importantly, it’s the sound of partying–from neighborhood block parties to tropical beach bashes.
British label Soundway captures that spirit on its new compilation, Colombia! The Golden Years of Discos Fuentes. Taking music straight from the source label Discos Fuentes (the imprint responsible for the original issues), Soundway has remastered the tracks for a serious hi-fi listening experience.
Not unlike other reissues from their recent past, Soundway has also included an intensely illustrated 24-page booklet, complete with text and photos documenting the Discos Fuentes scene since its formation in 1934.
Colombia! The Golden Years of Discos Fuentes isn’t just another reissue for music nerds and collectors to keep in their secret vaults. Instead, it’s a venture through the evolution of Colombian music. The team behind the project took two years of research and several trips to the tropical birthplace to produce not just another comp, but an in-depth reference device–the kind that makes you want to rage.
Colombia! The Golden Years of Discos Fuentes is out April 3 on Soundway.
1. Fruko y Sus Tesos–Salsa Na Ma
2. Lito Barrientos–Columbia En Do Menor
3. Michi Sarmiento y Sus Bravos–Hong Kong
4. Sonora Cineguera–La Piojosa
5. Fruko y Sus Tesos–Improvisando
6. The Latin Brothers–Patrona De Los Reclusos
7. Wganda Kenya–Tifit Hayed
8. Pedro Laza–Fandango en Percussion
9. Orquesta Nunez–La Samaria
10. Los Corraleros De Majagual–El Mondongo
11. Fruko y Sus Tesos–A La Memoria Del Muerto
12. Michi Sarmiento y Sus Bravos–Primavero
13. Wganda Kenya–Elyoyo
14. Lucho Bermudez–Gaita de las Flores
15. El Sexteto Miramar–Cumbiamba
16. Michi Sarmiento–Mirame San Miguel
17. Pedro Laza y Sus Pelayeros–La Picua
18. Climaco Sarmiento–La Pata y El Pato
19. The Latin Brothers–Las Calenas Son Como Los Flores