The Lowdown: This Week’s XLR8R Top 10 with Caribou, Todd Terje, Gerd Janson, and More
Throughout the week, a whole lot of material gets posted here on XLR8R. And while […]
Throughout the week, a whole lot of material gets posted here on XLR8R. And while we know—and love—that some hardcore readers will eagerly pour over every single news story, interview, podcast, video, and MP3 download that appears on the site, we also realize that for most people, it’s impossible to see everything, which means that some quality XLR8R content is likely to get missed in the hustle and bustle of everyone’s daily lives. In the interest of making it easier for everyone to catch up, every Friday we present The Lowdown, a weekly wrap-up of the top 10 tidbits from our site.
1. This week’s XLR8R podcast was assembled by Running Back boss Gerd Janson, who served up a slow-burning mix of melodic house cuts.
2. Caribou (pictured above) stepped up for the latest edition of BBC Radio 1’s venerable Essential Mix series, and his two-hour session is currently streaming online.
3. UK producer Om Unit has a new EP on the way for Goldie’s Metalheadz label, and this week he shared a stream of “The War,” one of the forthcoming record’s eight cuts.
4. The newest installment of our Real Talk series found Chicago producer Hieroglyphic Being penning an essay addressing the recent controversy around his unorthodox DJ style.
5. Norwegian oddball Todd Terje unveiled a new video for “Delorean Dynamite” that doubles as an ad looking to sell an actual Delorean.
6. Veteran Scottish duo Slam has a new LP dropping next week, but XLR8R posted an exclusive stream of the full album ahead of its release.
7. Last week, XLR8R headed to The Netherlands for the 2014 edition of the Amsterdam Dance Event. Following five days and nights of partying, our official review rounded up the festival’s highs and lows.
8. Longstanding German outfit Booka Shade shared news of a forthcoming new EP, and posted a stream of one of its tracks online.
9. Ahead of his new LP for Warp, Clark offered up a brand-new mix.
10. Flatland, the highly anticipated debut LP from Objekt, arrived this week via the PAN label, and our review named the record an XLR8R Pick.
An expanded version of the The Lowdown is also available via a weekly email newsletter. Those interested in an even more in-depth round-up of XLR8R content should sign up by entering their email address below.
Subscribe to the XLR8R Lowdown