The Lowdown: This Week’s XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Pangaea, Daedelus, and More
Throughout the week, a whole lot of material gets posted here on XLR8R. And while […]
Throughout the week, a whole lot of material gets posted here on XLR8R. And while we know—and love—that some hardcore readers will eagerly pour over every single news story, interview, podcast, video, and MP3 download that appears on the site, we also realize that for most people, it’s impossible to see everything, which means that some quality XLR8R content is likely to get missed in the hustle and bustle of everyone’s daily lives. In the interest of making it easier for everyone to catch up, every Friday we present The Lowdown, a weekly wrap-up of the top 10 tidbits from our site.
1. This week’s XLR8R podcast features an exclusive mix of unrelenting techno from Hessle Audio co-founder Pangaea (pictured above).
3. Fresh off the release of his new LP, Brazilian producer Gui Boratto granted fans an inside look at his elaborate studio set-up in São Paulo.
4. A short, Ableton-produced documentary on the immersive new 4DSOUND system surfaced this week.
5. LA beat veteran Daedelus answered a myriad of reader questions in the newest chapter of our Ask the Experts series.
6. After a long battle with cancer, longtime Hyperdub affiliate and Kode9 collaborator The Spaceapepassed away.
7. Our latest Rewind feature found Caribou touching upon the twists and turns of his 14-year career, entirely in his own words.
8. Barcelona DJ/producer John Talabot shared a recording of a recent four-hour set that took place in The Netherlands.
9. A new video found UK duo Simian Mobile Disco detailing the gear used to create its new LP and current live show, and includes commentary from the artists responsible for making the show’s visual components.
10. As we do every month, we kicked off October by compiling and posting a list of the previous month’s Top 20 Downloads.
An expanded version of the The Lowdown is also available via a weekly email newsletter. Those interested in an even more in-depth round-up of XLR8R content should sign up by entering their email address below.
Subscribe to the XLR8R Lowdown